With the addition of these two books, I am now only nine away from completing my collection:
- Tinkers, by Paul Harding (2010)
- Guard of Honor, by James Cozzens (1949)
- Dragon's Teeth, by Upton Sinclair (1943)
- In This Our Life, by Ellen Glasgow (1942)
- Honey In the Horn, by Harold Davis (1936)
- The Store, by T.S. Stribling (1933)
- Years of Grace, by Margaret Barnes (1931)
- The Able McLaughlins, by Margaret Wilson (1924)
- His Family, by Ernest Poole (1918)
It has been 11 weeks since I started this journey (on February 13, 2010 and today is May 2). That means I still have 285 days (or, roughly, 41 weeks) to finish up this project. Of the 83 books (including this year's winner), I have read 14—I'm reading 1.3 books per week. In order to finish this project on time, I have to read 1.7 books per week.
I have created a pie chart below to make all of this seem more professional:
As you can see, I am nearly 17% done with this journey. However, my reading year is nearly 21% complete. This does not bode well for me. It's time to pick up the pace!
Here's what I've done so far:
In order to finish this project on time, my pace will have to look similar to this:
And, of course, in the time I spent making these charts and graphs, I probably could've finished 20 or so pages of The Late George Apley.